FAQs about restoring plastic seats
Find the answers to our most common questions.
HOW DOES PLASTIC SEAT RESTORATION WORK?
Plastic seat restoration returns seats to their original colour.
- Our team of technicians deep-clean the seats in the stadium while still on their fixtures.
- We carry out the restoration using a product that reacts with the contaminants on the plastic surface and combats the oxidization and fading effect.
- Once colour is restored to the plastic a protective sealant is applied that weatherproofs the seat to lock in the results achieved during the restoration.
Which seats can be restored?
Almost all plastic seats of any kind can be restored. We offer a free test and sample service where we collect a seat from the stadium and return it restored for you to test in your own environment.
How disruptive will restoration be?
We aim to minimize disruption to your stadium operations and be easy to deal with. Seats are restored on-site in the stadium and without the need to be removed from fixtures.
On day one our team will arrive smiling and on time with all the necessary equipment, we have a robust health & safety policy and are used to complying with requirements from large stadiums around the world. On the last day any rubbish will be cleared away and you’ll be left with sparkling stadium seats which have been given a facelift.
How does restoration compare with buying new seats?
When comparing the cost of restoration against the cost of new seats it is important to compare apples with apples.
Buying New Stadium Seats
There can be hidden costs of buying new seats, here are some questions to consider;
- How much will replacement new seats cost per seat?
- How much extra will it cost to pay for de-installation and re-installation?
- How much extra will it cost to dispose of the old seats?
- How long will it take to order and install new seats?
- Can current frames and mounting systems be used for new seats?
- How long will the stadium have to close for during installation?
- What will be the “cost of money” if borrowing to buy new seats?
- What is the environmental impact of buying new seats?
- What state will the new seats be in after 10 years?
- Seat Renew guarantees the price quoted in writing is all-inclusive. There are no hidden costs.
- Restoration is a sustainable choice. The process is environmentally sound and prevents landfill and excessive plastic manufacturing.
- Scheduling restoration is easy and can be fitted in around existing stadium operations and commitments.
- A Fade Management Program ensures the seats are returned to restored condition every year.
- After 10 years the restored seats will be still look great as the graph below demonstrates.
What are the environmental advantages?
Would you believe there are more than 150 million plastic stadium seats in the world today?
Many companies have invested in ways to recycle plastic, we believe the “greener” thing to do is to “reuse” seats by simply making them last longer.
This is where environmental policy meets your budget. By increasing the life and therefore reducing the total cost of ownership, you are well rewarded for making the environmentally responsible decision. In short, you save more cash and the planet saves on land fill.
How long does it last?
The time it lasts will vary seat to seat depending on the make-up of the plastic and environmental factors, weather has a big impact on outdoor plastic seats. For this reason we complete a sample seat prior to the restoration so we can be sure of the achievable results. We also encourage stadiums to conduct their own tests on completed sample seats. Some restored seats have lasted up to two years with no further treatment and still look considerably better than non restored seats.
All plastic fades. Even brand new seats fade at a surprisingly fast rate and no manufacturer has yet to solve this problem despite the sales claims. Restored plastic will fade but the difference is that we can continually return the seats to their original colour through a Fade Management Program and over the lifetime of the seat it is still considerably cheaper than buying new seats.
WHY A FADE-MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?
Our Fade Management Program allows the seats to stay in the best possible condition year after year post-restoration.
By returning every year pre-season, we can keep the seats in top condition. This will involve a deep clean and reapplication of sealant or where needed a full re-restoration (at no additional cost). This is done at a fixed price so you know exactly what the costs will be for the term of the contract.
The Fade Management Program provides peace of mind for stadiums managers, they know that the issue of faded seats will be addressed every year. By spending a lesser amount every year on maintenance rather than replacement, the useful life of these expensive assets can be doubled or tripled which all adds up to greater savings for stadiums. The big advantage of a restoration maintenance plan is the seats are returned to restored condition every year maintaining a consistent and ageless look for the venue.
Seat Renew offer stadium seat restoration services throughout the world. It is a cost effective, quick and simple way to give your stadium the face lift it deserves. We can tailor a Fade Management Program to fit your needs and budget and can usually accommodate short notice jobs.
Can we restore seats as a one-off treatment?
Yes absolutely! Plastic restoration is incredibly effective and will return seats to their original colour, brightness and shine and the unique sealant will lock in the results. However, all plastic fades, how long it lasts will depend on the environmental conditions it's subjected to. Our Fade Management Program Plastic seat restoration is a cost-effective long term strategy that ensures seats are restored to original colour and then annually maintained so that they stay in the best possible condition year after year.
By returning every year pre-season we can maintain the seats in top condition. This will involve a deep clean and reapplication of sealant or where needed a full re-restoration (at no additional cost). This is done at a fixed price so you know exactly what the costs will be for the term of the contract. The big advantage of a Fade Managment Program is the seats are returned to restored condition every year, maintaining a consistent and ageless look for the venue.
how does the sealant work?
The sealant locks in the results of the restoration process and enables the seat surface to repel moisture and contaminants such as drink spills which results in the seats being considerably easier to clean. The sealant also has antimicrobial qualities which help resist the development of mould bloom, a common problem in outdoor stadiums.